This Privacy Statement outlines our handling practices with regard to information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual (“Personal Data”).
This Privacy Statement applies to http://edmaker.co/ and any other EDMAKER website which references this Privacy Statement.
By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Data as described below. If you do not agree with the terms set out herein, please do not use this website.
If we decide to make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this website so that you will always know what Personal Data we collect, and how we use it. We therefore encourage you to periodically look for updates to this Privacy Statement.
As may be required by applicable law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain Personal Data collected on this website or volunteered by you. Kindly note that any consent will be entirely voluntarily. In case you do not grant the requested consent to the processing of your Personal Data or (in accordance with Data Retention discussed below) later inform EDMAKER that you do not want EDMAKER to further process your Personal Data, the further use of certain offerings or services of EDMAKER may be either not possible or limited in scope.
II. Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data
To serve you better and understand your needs and interests, EDMAKER collects, exports, and uses Personal Data with adequate notice and, where legally required, consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, when applicable.
We may further collect and process any Personal Data that you volunteer to us, e.g. when you register for events or other offerings of EDMAKER, subscribe to newsletters, participate in online surveys, discussion groups, forums or EDMAKER’s chat service, or when you make purchases or otherwise submit your contact details to EDMAKER. In case you provide EDMAKER with your IDs of social media, EDMAKER may retrieve publicly available information about you.
1. Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Data
The information EDMAKER collects to understand your needs and interests helps EDMAKER deliver a consistent and personalized experience. We will use such information only as described in this Privacy Statement and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. We will not subsequently change the way your Personal Data is used without your consent, as required by applicable law. We will exclusively use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To process your orders and deliver the products, services and information that you have ordered;
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, security patches, system enhancements, special offers, and other information regarding EDMAKER’s software and services. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies or business partners about products and services that can add value to your EDMAKER products. you acknowledge that any information required to track your choices regarding receiving marketing materials (i.e. depending on the country where the relevant EDMAKER group company operates whether you have granted an explicit consent into receiving and/or opted-out of receiving marketing materials) may be stored and exchanged between any of the above mentioned companies;
- To tailor information about our products and services to your individual interests. For example, during a visit to our website, it allows us to provide you with specific information on products and services that may be of interest;
- To provide the ability to create other user profiles and access to other service specific personal profile areas (e.g. in connection with EDMAKER’s own partner programs, forums and communities). You acknowledge that such Personal Data required for the creation of your user profile may be shared within and used by the any affiliated EDMAKER company for this purpose. Such service may also allow you to share information about you (including Personal Data) with other registered users of the same service. You can use the functionality of the relevant service to determine which information you want to share;
- To provide a follow/unfollow functionality to enable registered users to receive information on the activities of other registers users by actively following (or un-following if no longer desired) their user profile.
- To provide completion status (based on collected credits) of tasks such as tutorial, group and mission when accessing our website, to allow you to share your activity on your public profile (if desired), and receive updates on following people/items via the website.
- To provide a personalized user experience and view protected content.
- To conduct online "Click to Chat" and "Click to Call" sessions;
- In order to ensure and control the quality of the information and experience you have during chat sessions with EDMAKER by educating our personnel to effectively answer your questions;
- To provide the ability to contact you in order to respond to your inquiries, and provide you with shipping and billing information, and to provide customer feedback and support;
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary;
- To support recruitment inquiries;
- To prepare anonymized data regarding the use of EDMAKER’s websites and offerings. EDMAKER will use such anonymized data only for the improvement of such websites and offerings;
- To meet contractual obligations; and
- To comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
2. E-mail Addresses
If you choose to give us your e-mail address, we will communicate with you via e-mail. We do not share your e-mail address with others outside the EDMAKER group of companies unless this is required for the business relationship between you and EDMAKER or if you register for third party services. You can choose not to receive any more e-mails at any time (in accordance with Subsection 9. (Choice/Opt-Out) below). However, such choice will not affect the sending of emails that are strictly required to perform the business relationship between you and EDMAKER.
Depending on how your e-mail application is set up, information about you may be transmitted automatically when you send e-mail to EDMAKER.
If you choose to register for third-party services, we may need to send some information from your registration with EDMAKER to the service provider, possibly including your e-mail address.
3. Shopping or Event Registration
Our site may include order forms that you fill out to request information, products, and services. These forms may in addition to the information described above to collect your financial information, such as your banking details or credit card numbers. EDMAKER promises to use any financial information that you submit solely for billing and payment purposes for that special transaction. This may include the transfer of your data to third parties involved in executing the transaction, such as banks, credit card companies, payment facilitators and other financial and credit control institutions.
4. IP Addresses
We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems, to establish the country from which a user is using our websites and services in order to provide appropriate legal statements, to administer our website, and to gather demographic information.
We may also use IP addresses or other information you have shared on this website or at any earlier occasion or a campaign code, to determine which pages on our sites you visit and which topics may be of interest to you so we can provide you with information about relevant products and services.
EDMAKER may also collect IP addresses (and other technical information such as browser type) during a Click-to-Chat or Click-to-Call session that you initiate. This information is collected when you connect to EDMAKER so that we may identify your session, deliver content based on the technical capabilities of your browser, and for quality control purposes. Your IP address will not be used to identify you unless you provide your prior consent.
EDMAKER will only gather information related to your visit to the EDMAKER site. We do not track or collect Personal Data from your visits to companies or entities outside the EDMAKER Group of companies beyond the information stated above (Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data).
5. Automated Tools
In addition to the information you provide, EDMAKER may also collect information during your visit to a EDMAKER website through Automated Tools, which include Web beacons, cookies, embedded Web links, and other commonly used information-gathering tools. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at an EDMAKER website. Using these tools, EDMAKER is also able to confirm receipt of e-mails that the recipient consented to receive, and can track other information such as pages visited on the relevant EDMAKER site and whether or not the recipient registers for an event offered by EDMAKER and certain other aggregate data that is not related to a particular individual.
Unless another means to make your choice is listed below, you may refuse the use of Automated Tools However kindly further note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of the relevant site.
6. Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share such information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support, providing you with information on products and services that may be of interest to you or in order to analyze the user behavior on our webpages.
We only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Data necessary to provide the services on our behalf, and the third parties are (where legally required) bound by appropriate order data processing agreements and/or comprehensive confidentiality undertakings and therefore not permitted to use your Personal Data except for the limited purpose of completing the requested service or transaction.
We do not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your Personal Data and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Circumstances may arise where, whether for strategic or other business reasons, EDMAKER decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries. Such a transaction may involve, in accordance with applicable law, the disclosure of Personal Data to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of it from sellers. It is EDMAKER's practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
7. Security of Your Personal Data
EDMAKER is committed to protecting the Personal Data you share with us. EDMAKER uses a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. EDMAKER supports online security using secure server technology because we want your data to be safe. There are security arrangements and facilities on EDMAKER sites to prevent abuse.
We bind our employees and data processors to observe your privacy and confidentiality rights.
8. Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to foreign (i.e. non EDMAKER group of companies) sites. EDMAKER is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside the EDMAKER Group of companies. Therefore, we recommend that you carefully read the privacy statements of such foreign sites.
We communicate with users who subscribe to our services on a regular basis via email, and we may also communicate by phone to resolve customer complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We may use your email address to confirm your opening of an account, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt out of these communications, which are not marketing related but merely required for the relevant business relationship.
With regard to marketing related types of communication (i.e. emails and phone calls), EDMAKER will (i) where legally required only provide you with such information after you have granted your opt-in and (ii) provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive further marketing related types of communication from us.
If you receive marketing or similar e-mail messages from us and wish to opt out of receiving such messages, you may simply follow the opt-out procedure specified in such e-mail. In addition, if you have registered on our site, you may opt out of receiving any future marketing or similar messages by emailing your request to unsubscribe If you are a registered User, please open the email you received and click on the unsubscribe link.
10. Data Retention
EDMAKER will not retain your Personal Data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. In particular, and if no such contradicting statutory obligation exists, EDMAKER will delete your Personal Data once you inform EDMAKER that you do not want EDMAKER to further process your Personal Data. Kindly note that in this case the use of certain services or offerings may either be limited or not possible any longer. In case there is a contradicting statutory obligation for EDMAKER to retain your Personal Data, EDMAKER will block it against further processing and then delete the relevant Personal Data when the requirement to retain it has ceased.
11. Inquiries, Access and Updating Your Personal Data
EDMAKER needs your help in keeping the Personal Data you have shared with us accurate and up to date. If you are a registered user, you may make these updates yourself online via our website. .
If you have any other questions about this Privacy Statement or if you wish to inspect the Personal Data we hold about you, please contact us at http://edmaker.co/contact/
12. Specific Provisions
a. Do Not Track
Cookies are identifiers that can be sent from a site via your browser to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Thereafter when you visit a site, a message is sent back to the web server by the browser accessing the site. Your browser may allow you to set a “Do not track” preference. Our site does not honor “Do not track” requests, but you may elect not to accept cookies by changing the designated settings on your web browser or, where available by way of the TRUSTe Consent Manager if the relevant website contains a link to it. However, not utilizing cookies may prevent you from using certain functions and features of our site. This site does not allow third parties to gather information about you over time and across sites.
b. Requirements to Protect Children's Privacy
We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us as described in this Privacy Statement.